Everybody has some weird habits and book people have habits that are downright strange. I’m going to talk about some of mine that I feel are strange in general and within book lovers.
- I’m a slight perfectionist but not with my books. KEEP CALM TAKE DEEP BREATHS. No, I don’t use bookmarks I’m a dog ear kind of girl. I love cracking spins. I write in my books. I like the beat up well loved looking books that tell a story.
- I judge a book by its cover. If a covers pretty I am much more likely to buy it. If it catches my eye and I can see it sitting on my shelf I will be more likely to want it.
- I’m a skimmer. I speed read books and therefore will sometimes miss details which sucks but it’s just my way of reading.
- I like my books to be organized by height but I also like to stack them. I prefer not to have a perfect looking bookshelf.
- I’m a bit of a book snob especially when I’ve read a classic. I feel super fancy and educated.
- I’m still trying to find an awesome horror book! Will love very scary suggestions (Context: I’ve been watching horror movies since I was four.)
- Although I love horror and creepy shit I was very disappointed by miss peregrine’s home for peculiar children and will not finish the series.
- If I am not enjoying a book I will stop reading it.
- I like books about the harder core part of life. Mental Illness especially.
- I prefer paperbacks to hardbacks. Easier to read.
Well, that’s my strangeness. Do you have any, what you feel are, strange book habits?
Thanks for Reading